I wanted to do a quick update and let everyone know we are doing good. We still don't have internet, but we were one of the really fortunate houses in our zipcode to actually get power back last Saturday afternoon. Ike left us in the dark for only about 13 hours! We did lose water pressure for a couple of days and have spotty phone service, but at least we have had air conditioning this week! I had plenty of water stored, so the water wasn't too big of an issue...who needs to shower, right?! Our schools still don't have power and won't be opening until at least Thursday, so this afternoon the kids and I drove to my brother's up in Dallas for some fun cousin time.
Ike did leave us with a jungle in our backyard, a couple of trees uprooting on one side of our yard that we had to cut down this week (so they wouldn't fall on our neighbor's garage!), as well as a little water damage to our front room. But all in all, we were pretty blessed - no roof damage or real flooding, and everyone is safe. We have some fun pictures I will post once our internet gets up and running at home, and some fun stories to tell as well. Thanks to everyone for sending their thoughts and prayers our way!
5 comments:
We're glad you guys came out OK. We love and miss you.
Also glad to hear that everyone is in one piece.
so happy all is well. We have been thinking of you!
loveya
We're SO GLAD to hear you guys are alright. We've been so worried for you!!!! I've heard from several friends I taught school with there and it sounds like you guys are VERY LUCKY compared to a lot of the sad stories I've heard. I'm glad you made it through o.k.!
I'm glad to hear your family is well. We've been thinking of you and have been checking often for updates. Glad to hear it wasn't horribly bad for you. We miss you guys!
Post a Comment