We had a blast at the rodeo last week during spring break!
We went with Don's parents and were able to do most of our favorite things, plus adding a few new things. The first ride of the day is the good ole' Metro park & ride, always a crowd favorite!
Then it was on to the Farm where the kids planted & harvested vegetables, milked a fake cow, and cashed in our earnings all in at the end for a treat.
This year we took in a magic show & both Trevor & Don were picked to help with the magic tricks.
Luke took advantage of the show and caught a few winks.
After that we headed inside to see the animals & tractors.
Who can resist getting a chocolate milk after visiting Borden's Bessie the Cow?
And of course, we had to stop at the largest fake green hill in Houston for the traditional roll.
All that walking left us needing some good tasting vittles to eat, so we headed outside to get some of our favorite rodeo food. Nothing says rodeo like sausage on a stick!
Then it was off to the carnival rides. Jake wanted to ride the teacups & the guy let me ride for free. Who could turn down that? I should have...we were spinning so fast & I couldn't even keep my head up & barely kept my lunch down. And I thought I had the easy job, sticking with the younger kids & grandparents while Don took the oldest 3 on the bigger rides. After that I stuck to the ground and just took pictures.
We all met up at the end for the kids to go through the bubble house together.
And what better way to soothe those upside down stomaches than hitting the fried food for dessert. This year we just stuck to the fried cookie dough & deep fried oreos, and even Luke tried to get into the action. The wind was crazy and we were all covered with powdered sugar by the end.
We barely missed getting into seeing the pig races, so settled for another trip around the farm & a brief stint in the petting zoo before heading home.
Enjoying the ride home in style.
Thanks for such a "sweet" time Grammy & Grandaddy!
2 comments:
This looks like SO much fun!!!! I think we need to make a trip out just to go with you guys to that rodeo!
Oh man, I can't even express to you the love I have for your family! You guys are the BEST!! Miss you guys and the smiles you bring! Give your kiddos a love for me (or a high five if they're too cool for loves...)
Post a Comment