Thursday, June 16, 2011

Water Balloons

Last month we had a church social at the park. It was a perfect day for visiting and playing with friends outside. There were great treats and fun water games for the kids. The water balloons were the hit of the evening.



Hailey H. and Hayley M. doing the water balloon toss

Jake catching the water balloon!

Action shot by Trevor, saving the water balloon.

Michael looking for the perfect target.

Luke testing the elasticity of his balloon

After the water balloon toss was over,Trevor hoarded his last water balloon, biding his time patiently, waiting to ambush some poor, unsuspecting girl.  Unfortunately his first target had left sick, so he went on the prowl to find someone else worthy of his balloon.

Not so innocent

It was a fun social, mainly just catching up with friends.  Luke was playing while a friend and I sat on a blanket chatting, enjoying the perfect almost bugfree, low humidity day, when all of the sudden I feel someones hand on my hat. As I start to turn around I see some of my kids laughing as I feel a pressure on my head, and whoosh, a ginormous water balloon explodes between my hat and my head, soaking me all the way down my legs. 

Apparently, I was the perfect target, and because Trevor had somehow lifted my hat up and stuck the balloon in it, only I got the force all the water.  I have never seen that boy run so fast in my life!  We all laughed as I picked pieces of balloon out of my hair.  It was a great shot.  Lucky for me, I know where the water balloons are kept at home and where Trevor sleeps.  I don't know when or where yet, but Trevor is in for a real treat someday soon, when he least expects it!  :)


No comments: