Trevor was off to the fastest start, sprinting to the stop sign at the end of the block. After that he kinda fizzled, but didn't give up, thanks to some prodding friends. He also apparently had a little help for part of it, bumming a ride on a friends jogging stroller for part of the way. Hayley and I ran together, and she was tough! She just never gave up, running the first half without even stopping to walk at all. I was so impressed with her, she finished the race in just over 20 minutes, not bad for her first 2.5K!
Michael had ran ahead of us and did a good job too. He finished 2nd in his age group, finishing in about 18 minutes. But Michael decided that wasn't enough, so he kept on going to do the whole 5K. As Hayley and I ran across the finish line, I saw Michael rounding the corner on his second lap, so I left Hayley with Don & Jake and ran to catch up with Michael for the rest of the race. We had a fun time together and at the end, it was a tight race to the finish line. I didn't know the boy could sprint that fast! Kudos to Michael...until next time!
3 comments:
We were just thinking about that annual 4th of July breakfast--I wish we had a tradition like that where we are now. The kids look cute in their fun run pics--I think I recognize some good ol' fashioned Houston humidity on the camera lens. Kudos to you guys for braving the summer heat.
Check you out!!!! I think the fun run is a super cute idea!!! My goal is to do a 5k this year!!!
That is awesome! What a fun idea!
Post a Comment