Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Baby Talk

I've had a lot of questions about our upcoming addition to the family, so here we go...

We are due April 18th, so I am about 4 months along now. I went to my awesome doctor again yesterday & everything is looking good. I had some blood work done & should get the results back soon.

Next week we will have an ultrasound and hopefully find out whether we are getting a boy or a girl. It is pretty divided around here, with Hayley leading the chants of NEEDING a sister! Of course, we do have some strong requests for another brother. So it should be interesting.

We have had all sorts of fun names being suggested, especially by our Star Wars crazed fan, Jake. I am sure you can imagine some of his requests! Once we have the ultrasound, we post a paper on the fridge and let everyone write down possible baby names they like for the next few months. When I was pregnant with Jake, there were all sorts of animal names that kept being added to the list, like Bear and Tiger. And of course, the list included our ultimate winner of Jake the Snake (ok, the birth certificate actually just says Jacob, which Jake REFUSES to answer to! He is Jake or Jake the Snake and don't you forget it!). So beware of the power of the pen, it is real!

I've been feeling good, just tired. I am one of the really fortunate ones who only feels really queasy if I don't eat on a regular basis. Unfortunately food doesn't always sound great, or maybe it is just the thought of making dinner that isn't appealing right now, who knows?! But the kids are great sports and don't mind the quick frozen foods and actually love to have cereal for dinner occasionally :)

Thanks to everyone for their support and excitment for us. We will keep you posted!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

We agree with Haley. She does NEED a sister and Mallory NEEDS another girl cousin. We are excited to hear how everything goes. If only we lived closer. Maybe someday.

Kaylene said...

I, being an only girl with 4 brothers (and three sons) and no sisters (or daughters) feel Hayley's plight. My brothers were mean enough to taunt me at the last ultrasound when I found out my "baby" brother was indeed another boy until I cried, but I wouldn't trade him for several sisters, he's the little brother I was supposed to have! So for her I hope its' a sister, but know it will be just fine if it's another brother! I'm still just so excited for all of you! Congrats again!

Sam said...

I was due with Bria on April 18th! As fun as it would be for Bria to have a cousin with her same birthday, I do not wish for you to be a week overdue!
We are rooting for a girl. I agree that Hayley definitely needs a sister.

Unknown said...

I am working on the scrapbook and need some of the pics from the Red Sox and the rest of the day. I tried to snag some from your blog but it wouldn't let me. Can you send some to our email please. Call us as soon as you know what you are having. We love you!

Jennifer Bowman said...

I agree with Hayley it does need to be a GIRL! We will be so happy for either though! :) Cannot wait to see you in ONE WEEK!