Sunday, January 18, 2009

Haircut Craziness


The night before school started back, I attempted to cut Trevor & Michael's hair. Trevor haircut went great, he actually kept asking for me to cut it shorter - woohoo! Of course, his ultimate reasoning for wanting it short eventually came out. "Just cut it so short so that I don't have to ever comb it in the morning!" Nice and practical - eight year olds are great!


Michael's hair was a little trickier (and a lot more shabbier!). I quickly realized a few minutes into the haircut, that this just was not going to end well. Have you ever tried to cut a 7th grade boys hair? Believe me, it isn't for the lighthearted. So in hopes of avoiding a complete teenager meltdown, I googled Supercuts and made a quick phone call. Hurrah, they were open until 9 pm! Don and Michael hurried over as I cleaned up the hair mess and put the others to bed, on pins and needles the whole time.

I heard the car pull up and took a deep breath. Michael and Don came in the house and Michael had a smile on his face and a shorter, good looking haircut to boot. Whew...I know Don tipped that lady well!


Michael proceeded to yell out to Trevor, "Hey Trev, come and check out your new brother!" All of the sudden I hear a stampede in the hall as Jake, with Hayley hot on his trail, comes bursting out of their beds. Jake was yelling, "Where?? Where is Baby Boston?!!" We all burst out laughing, as I tried to explain to the disappointed Jake that it wasn't time for the baby to be born yet, that Michael meant he was the new brother because of his haircut. It was really funny to everyone, and even Jake was laughing by the end.


Jake took it all in stride & went back to bed pretty easy. The next morning I asked him what he thought about Michael's haircut, and he replied, "It's awesome. He looks like a new guy. Now we just need to find him a girlfriend! I wonder what kind of girl he likes?!" What?!!


Love those crazy haircut moments!