Friday, February 11, 2011

UIL Tournament

On January 29th, Trevor & I went to the first UIL competition of the year.  Hayley tagged along to see what it was all about.  Trevor competed in 3 different events, Social Studies, Number Sense & Listening, despite being out sick with a high fever the previous 2 days.  He did awesome and medaled in his Listening Skills event...which proves he can hear me when I ask him to clean his room, right?!

Hayley & Trevor posing with his Listening Skills medal

I coach a group of 4th & 5th graders in the Oral Reading category & our guys did great, taking home 2nd, 3rd & 5th place in the finals. Our school ended up taking 3rd place for the whole tournament.  Of course, the best part of the day is hanging out in between competitions and playing games with each other!


 <>
Getting pumped up to compete in Number Sense
 
Trevor & his friend Jonathan playing chess

Hayley playing Uno with a group of 5th graders

No comments: