Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

Jake, Luke and Mom on Mother's Day

Mother's Day was great.  It started with a yummy breakfast in bed surrounded by my favorite kiddos. Luke thought this eating in bed thing was so fun. 

Mother's Day Breakfast in Bed

Breakfast in Bed, Jake's favorite tradition

Luke and a Monster Muffin
It was fun to cuddle and talk while we ate.





Hayley gave me lots of cards and sweet coupons she had made for me...can't wait to redeem those laundry ones!


Jake and Hayley with her Love Coupons

We had a great time at church where the kids sang a sweet Mother's Day song and Michael passed out chocolate to all the great women of the congregation.  I had wanted a picture with each of the kids, but it was a little warm, so it was a quick photo shoot with various kids as the photographer.  Unfortunately Don wasn't home to snap a picture of all of us dressed up together.


Mom with Trevor


Mom with Jake

Luke with Mom



Hayley with Mom

Michael with Mom

After church we had a great lunch and spent the afternoon having fun, playing games with each other.  Luke and Hayley helped make a delicious strawberry shortcake.  We all gathered together to eat the Strawberry Shortcake and open their gift. 


Mother's  Day 2011

Each of the 4 older kids had answered a "Mom's Questionaire" on their own and it was so fun to read their answers to all the questions.  We were all laughing so hard at some of the answers.  I loved it!

The Mantle of Homemade Gifts


Some examples of the questions they answered are:

What makes Mom happy?
 Michael -NCIS, Trevor-Her Kids, Hayley-Pictures and Hugs, Jake-When I Clean My Room


If Mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
M-Her Chocolate Chip Cookies, T-Cleaning, H-The Nicest Person, J-Cleaner


What is Mom NOT very good at?
M-"Staying Mad", T-"Video Games", H-"Making Kids Cry",J-"??"


If Mom was a cartoon character, who would she be?
M-Wonder Woman, T-Phineas's Mom, H-a Princess, J-a rabbit


Where is Mom's favorite place to go?
M-Out on a a date away from kids, T-In Houston Texas(Home, Church, Temple), H-To Bed, J-Grocery Store


There were lots of other questions and fun answers, but I guess the whole thing can be summed up with this one: 

What is something Mom always says to you?
M-Love you, T-I love you, H- I Love You, J-I Love You

I love you guys!  Thanks for a wonderful day!





3 comments:

tracyjmeier said...

You are the amazing mother. You never cease to amaze me in the fun you make with your family. I love the questionaire idea. How fun you are. You have a special gift of making every day special for your kids. They are lucky to have you.

The Sorensen Bunch said...

You are still this young cute little thing! AND you have 5 kiddos! Happy Moms day to one of the best I know!

Philip, Melissa, & Summer said...

Looks like you had a nice mothers day for sure. We miss you guys. Luke sure is growing up.