Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Berry Picking ...or not

During Spring Break we try to do lots of fun things.  This year I had heard of a new strawberry farm & thought it would be great to go pick our own berries.  So we drove 45 minutes away to the country, made a wrong turn on Cowhide Drive...real name.  Found our way to the farm.  Waited in line for 45 minute for a anticlimactic tractor pulled hay ride.  These pictures just ooze a portion of the excitement of the morning.




Afterwards went to go pick berries.  OUT OF BERRIES!  Seriously.  It was not even 11 in the morning.  To make up for the disastrous outing, I drove through Wendy's on the long way back and everyone got to "pick" something off the dollar menu.  Frosty's work magic sometimes!


With the exception of Luke loving the 'Sand Mountain', it was a total bust of an activity & has killed any future visions of happy berry picking children.  When I later learned of another place that actually had berries, & suggested going, there were wails of despair and gnashing of teeth, as well as some choice sarcastic comments (shocking, I know!).  There are always the peach orchrds to try this summer  ;-)

No comments: