It was a few weeks ago, during a rainy school day. Jake and I were home & he announced that he wanted to play Webkinz, a computer site where kids have fun with virtual pets. They make rooms for the pets, feed them, play games and earn Kinz cash to purchase food, furniture, etc. Normally Trevor or Hayley would play with him, but this particular day, he wanted me.

So putting off the other fun duties of the morning like cleaning the kitchen, I decided to explore the Webkinz world with Jake...see nice mom, right?! Well, Jake showed me his dog and his dog's room and we played Jake's favorite games for a while.
Who knew the virtual pet world was so fun?
Over the last few weeks I have become an expert at word challenges (a lot like Boggle), and have even been called a math-a-magician by a dog named Booger (don't let the innocent name fool you, it is a cut-throat math-a-thon when you get up a few levels!).
In full confession, most of my playing time is after kids are in bed when I would normally blog. Otherwise they bust me and want to play themselves. On the lame, rationalizing side, I have earned lots of virtual money for the kids to take their pets on fun vacations and being the non-neglectful person that I am, I do always make sure each of the pets has been feed and is happy before logging out...and I always check the coupons and sale items and stock up on healthy snacks for the animals!
They say the first step is admitting you have a problem, so now you all know. I am getting back on the blogging wagon...just as soon as I check out the game of the day in my Webkinz world!
No comments:
Post a Comment