Saturday, February 28, 2009

Go Texan Day!



Friday was Go Texan Day in Houston. Schools and local businesses all dress up to celebrate being Texan and have fun as the trail riders ride into Houston, kicking off with a BBQ cook-off and several fun weeks of the Rodeo. The trail riders go past the elementary schools and the kids get to see (& smell!) the fun live and close up.

For the last week they have been setting up the rodeo at Reliant and Jake loves to drive past and see all the carnival rides being put together.

So hold on to your cowboy hats, because the "radio" is here...just ask Jake!

3 comments:

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Oh the good ol' Houston rodeo days...I LOVE IT!! I still have plenty of Texan perophenelia(sp) partly provided by our favorite mangum family! Maybe we will hop on a horse and come on out for some of the FREE concerts!

Jennifer Bowman said...

how fun!!!
how are you feeling? ready for that baby?!

TexasTwinsTwice said...

Oh they look so cute!!!

I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of the newest Mangum member (i'm sure you are too! Hope you're doing well!)