Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Real Reason for the Take-Out Friday

In the last blog entry, I mentioned getting great Tex-Mex take-out on Friday, something we like to do when special people come to visit or for fun occasions. But I didn't mention the real reason for the splurge this week-end (besides my addictive chips & salsa habit of course). Thanks to Michael, we had good eats this week-end. This week he not only successfully defended his 1st chair French Horn status in the band placements, Michael also won 1st place in his middle school oral Spelling Bee. He will be heading off to the District Spelling Bee competition in a few weeks, being the sole representation of his middle school of almost 1400 kids.
Way to go Michael!

6 comments:

Mangums said...

I can't wait to see Michael on ESPN for the National Bee. I've never been in a Spelling Bee, but I was a judge at my school a complete of months ago. I was pretty good at that. Congrats Michael! How do you spell AWESOME?
-Rachel

Sam said...

Way to go Michael!!!!! That is SO awesome. You should watch the movie SpellBound to prepare! I won my school spelling bee in fifth grade, and I still like to re-live that proud moment in my head sometimes. Congratulations! Good luck at the district spelling bee!
--Courtney

TexasTwinsTwice said...

Okay, he was an amazing kid back when we lived there--glad to see that hasn't changed!!! Wow! You've got to be so proud. WE are REALLY impressed! Go Michael!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

He is still a genius child jsut like the little Michael we knew!We wanna watchhim on ESPN for the national spelling bee

Jennifer Bowman said...

How neat!!! Good Job Michael!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, he is pretty amazing!