Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Bad Apple...



So today we were playing Apples to Apples Jr. with some friends. For those of you who haven't played the game, you have a green apple card in the middle with a word on it, and each player has 5 red apple cards. One person is the judge and everyone else puts a red card in the middle that would best go with the green card. For instance, the word lumpy could produce cards that say gravy, rocks, etc. This game is one of my kids favorites (thanks to Aunt Rachel!). Playing with a range of ages can be especially funny.

So in this particular round, I was the judge and the green apple card was TOUGH. So everyone puts their cards in & I start reading the 5 answers. Well one of the cards was "School Dance", so I say, "Oh, that's not tough". Trevor replies, "Yes it is, tough to find somebody to go with." And I say, "It wasn't tough for me". So then my sweet, innocent Trevor replies, "That's because all you had to do was ask your BROTHER!!!"

Ouch..the ultimate diss!! How do you like them apples now?! We were all laughing so hard, I was tearing up (and no, not because it was true!). Good times.

2 comments:

TexasTwinsTwice said...

That is HILARIOUS! I've heard that was a fun game, now maybe we'll have to get it with your fun explanations! =)

Jennifer Bowman said...

That is SO Funny! haha love it!