Friday was the annual ice cream social/meet your teacher at the elementary school. Michael came with me to coordinate meeting the different teachers at the same times for Trevor, Hayley & Jake. It was good he was with us, since Jake & I had to visit the Nurse's office just minutes after getting to the school. Apparently Jake's knee wanted to get a close up view of the concrete, so we gave Nurse Garcia a little practice before the big 1st day of school. But once the cut was cleaned up, Jake was as good as new & ready to get on with the ice cream.
Jake has the same kindergarten teacher that Michael had 9 years ago. I had to snap a picture of the 3 of them together.
Hayley got to meet her teachers, both great teachers we've had before.
Afterwards we enjoyed a fun Blue Bell popsicle. After we had the popsicle, I said it was time to go. Jake informed me that we couldn't leave before they brought out the ice cream. I explained they gave us popsicles instead this year & he was not impressed. "What kind of school is this, don't they know the difference between ice cream and popsicles?!"
I think it is going to be an interesting year for Jake & his sweet teacher!
No comments:
Post a Comment