In the Doctrine and Covenants there is a scripture that says
"...but if ye are prepared, ye shall not fear."
(Doctrine & Covenants Section 38, verse 30)
So this year we are taking that wise counsel to Be Prepared and made it our family theme. There are lots of ways to be prepared, so we talked specifically about a few ways being prepared could help us with our back-to-school fears. Then we talked about some more ways being prepared will help us succeed this school year.
We sang one of our favorite songs, that we are learning the 3rd verse to which starts out, "We know his plan, and we will prepare, Increase our knowledge through study and prayer. Daily we'll learn...".
We finished the night with a treat, M&M Ice Cream Sandwiches...because if you are prepared, you won't be "sandwiched" into a bad situation!
(I know, kinda a stretch...let me know if you have any good "Be Prepared" treat ideas. It was hard to beat the weights for last years theme, "Be Strong and of a Good Courage.")
1 comment:
You amaze me. What a great idea to have a yearly theme. I loved last years and this one sounds perfect for your kids and their concerns. I wish I would I done something like that. You are a wonderful mom.
Post a Comment