
We are excited for the Olympics to be here. We kicked off the Olympics with our own opening celebration, ordering Chinese food and watching the opening ceremonies together. It was great to watch the amazing performances, see all the different countries enter the Birds Nest (and learn where they were!), to stand and cheer for the USA Oympicans entering the area, see the torch lite, and watch Yao Ming and the little boy from the earthquake in China being interviewed. It is fun to learn the stories behind the athletes. Favorite sports we will be following here are basketball, gymnastics, table tennis, track and field and of course, swimming.
Go USA!
4 comments:
howfun!! our tv died last week so I'm missing all the Olympics I was looking forward to! love your cute idea of getting Chinese take out!
I have been a pooper (not on purpose) with the olympics I feel guilty--I need to go over to your house to catch the spirit!
You are so creative...I love it! We love the Olympics and have been watching all of the events at night. Of course I think I got a little too involved and found myself shouting at the TV during the Men's Swimming relay race.
GO USA!!
What great Olympic spirit! Oh, and I LOVE, LOVE...did I mention LOVE your new pic up at the top. That is seriously one of the coolest family pictures I've ever seen---sooooo cute!
Post a Comment