Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Exciting Times

Last week was one of those weeks filled with exciting times. Besides celebrating big birthdays for Michael (now 12!) and Trevor (now 8!)and having fun with tricks on April Fool's Day, we did a few other new things as well.

Tuesday we had preschool at our house and even though we talked about the letter R and made red robots and rain shakers with rice, the kids had a great time being Superheroes (just warming up for today's lesson about the letter S I guess!). They were so cute, I had to snap a picture of them.



Tuesday night was Michael's first youth activity. After a lesson by one of the young women, they played Ultimate Frisbee. Michael seemed to really enjoy it. Tuesday evening Trevor also had his interview with the Bishop to be baptized. The baptism will be this week-end and Trevor is pretty excited about it.

Thursday I chaperoned Hayley's 2nd field trip of the year, a play based on the book, Goodnight Moon. It was cute, but I was ready for a nap afterwards! But it was on to the second part of the field trip, lunch at the park. Definitely no napping there! Since that play, I keep hearing "old lady whispering hush" in my head...only it's me telling my kids to stay in bed, and not so much with the nice whisper either. Maybe I should skip the next field trip, who knows what I might learn - ha!



Saturday Michael went early in the morning to the State Competition of Odyssy of the Mind tournament with his team, and then was able to sprint across town in time with Don to make it for his first basketball game of the new season. He played really well, offense and defense. The best play of the game that had the crowd rockin' and ref's laughing was when he cleanly stuffed a players shot. It was loud and was totally awesome! The grin on his face afterwards was priceless.

We had recorded the earlier General Conference session and watch the Solemn Assembly together. It was a wonderful experience to sustain our new prophet, and especially sweet to watch Michael rise as they called for the Aaronic Priesthood to stand. Don's parents came down for the evening so the 3 "young" men could go to the Priesthood session together. It was a great experience,and so neat to see Michael come home excited, retelling the stories he had heard that night from the Prophet.



Sunday was a low key day, watching Conference at home with the kids. We had a fun brunch before the first session, and a big "lupper" (or "linner", depending what you want to call it!) after the second session. It was nice to spend time together, learning from our church leaders, building memories and recharging as a family.

2 comments:

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Yeou had a week ofit too--it is motherhood. Love iT!!! I cannot beleive michale is in YM's aaah! hey is it too late to contribute to the cook book?

Jennifer Bowman said...

Fun times at your house! Wish we could be there with everyone this weekend!