That night we had fun talking, playing video games, eating great Mexican food, and of course, the girls had a blast fixing Uncle Ben's hair so pretty! My youngest brother is such an awesome uncle, and a VERY good sport!!
ABBY, HAYLEY AND ASHLYNN GIVING BEN A MAKEOVER, COMPLETE WITH SPARKLY HEADBAND!
Later that night my parents arrived and we ended the evening by laying out lots of sleeping bags and putting in the movie "Alvin & the Chipmunks". Grandpa and Uncle Ben held down the fort while my mom, SIL Cynthia & myself went to the airport to pick up my big bro Bob late that night. When we got home, just about everyone was asleep - hurray!
The next day started early with basketball for Michael. Grandpa & Grandmommie helped jump-start the morning by bringing a couple dozen donuts to the house. We went to Michael's basketball game where Don's dad meet us with a surprise visitor - Aunt Rachel for Arizona! It was so fun to see the look on Trevor's face when he saw her. What a great surprise - we loved it!
RACHEL AND MICHAEL AT THE GAME
Michael had a great game, complete with 5 steals and 7 points, and too many assists to keep track of...he must have been inspired by his own cheering section! I think the 15 of us stood out just a little bit!
After we came back to the house for lunch, my parents and brothers took the kids swimming while Cynthia and I took care of some last minute preparations for the baptism....so much faster without the little hand helpers! By 2:30, everyone had gathered back at the house and we got the phone call that Don had cleared customs and was on his way from the airport - Hurray! Don had been in Panama for the last couple of days for work, and I think I finally breathed a little easier once he actually walked in the door at 3, just 3 hours until the baptism was supposed to start. Whew!
We ordered Trevor's favorite pizza, Extra Large Pepperoni from Dominos and had everyone eat an early dinner before heading over to the church to set up for the baptism. More on that special event to be posted next!
That evening, after the baptism festivities, Bob,Cynthia & kids, accompanied by Uncle Ben had to leave to drive back to Dallas. We were all sad to see them go, but were so happy they were able to be with us for all the fun.
MORE FUN COUSIN PICTURES...
2 comments:
OHH I love all of these!! How much fun! We need to move there, I get sad and jealous everytime I see all these fun picutures! :)
I was going to ask where everyone slept, but it sounded like one BIG sleeping bag party!FAMILY is the best! Where is Aunt Rachel living in Arizona? I think you should come visit her!
Post a Comment