The circus was fun and it was great to see the kids reactions to the different stunts and animals. There were mischievous monkeys, tigers jumping through fiery hoops and much more. Trevor liked the daredevil motorcylist on the high wire the best I think.
Friday afternoon some friends came over and we babysat them so their parents could go out that night. The kids had a blast and were all really good. Who knew the funnest activity of the night would be coloring a zillion paper plates. The girls loved it, the boys...not so much. But they found other ways to entertain themselves.
Saturday morning we had to get up early to pick up Michael's friend Ade and head to the Stake YM Basketball Tournament at 8. Our MW2 team actually had enough guys for a team (mainly deacons) and played awesome against those tall, older Sugar Land teams. Michael did awesome, scoring 20 points in the first game. By this point, I had NO voice and had to just clap (and hit Trevor everytime he needed to cheer on Michael for me! Poor Trev, he probably had a bruise by the time it was all over with!).
We had to leave Michael at the game and run back towards our house for the other kid's first piano recital. They have a great teacher, Amy H. and it was fun to hear their songs and the other kids she teaches perform. Amy is going to have a baby in the next couple of weeks, so we will be taking a break from the official lessons until later this summer. The true sign you have a great piano teacher...when your kids want you to keep giving them lessons while their teacher is on break. Hayley has pure faith in me, Trev keeps looking at me when Hayley talks about it, and says "Are you sure you can do that?" Sure, I can handle book 1...it's the later books I would have issues with!
Afer the recital we rushed back over to the church and watched the end of Michael's 2nd game, then we headed home. That night we got together for dinner with our good friends the Mendenhalls who were visiting before moving far away, and some other fun friends. We went to Double Daves, a fun pizza place where the kids run wild, and the adults chat and Michael watches the NBA playoffs on all their tvs. It was fun, with the exception I couldn't TALK! But the company and food was great...I'll miss ya Z!
As far as my stint with laryngitis goes, I know my kids sure haven't missed the sound of my voice this week-end. "What did you say? Oh, sorry Mom, I didn't HEAR you tell me to stop sitting on my brother!" Nice...especially as Don has been in Germany during all of the fun adventures this week, so I am the only voice of reason - ha!
Last of all, I have to tell you that prayers do get answered. In family prayer last night, I was blessed that "Mom could find her voice" and guess what, this morning I can talk almost normal!! Hurray - because I have a lot to say to those kiddos now! :)
2 comments:
Sounds like fun ;)
I didn't know Amy was expecting! Tell her congrats for me (we are talking about Amy married to Shad right?)
So fun! You are such a great fun Mom and So busy! I am sure our days will too where we are running around from activity to activity. fun times!
Post a Comment