Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Spelling Bee

Michael went to the District Spelling Bee this week, after winning his middle school spelling a couple of weeks ago. He did an AWESOME job, going 9 rounds and placing 7th place in the whole District! I was in the auditorium and writing the words as Michael received them, and let's just say I would have been eliminated on his 2nd word(...and his 7th, 8th, and 9th words - and I was an English major! So sad.)
Not to mention there were 2 words I had never even heard of that he got correct. Michael kept his cool, asking for definitions, language of origin (which actually means something to him!), and use in a sentence, just like on the real deal on ESPN. It was pretty impressive to watch.

Way to Bee, Michael! We're proud of you!

2 comments:

Emma said...

That is awesome. Congrats Michael.

The Sorensen Bunch said...

I am impressed! I would love to see how one of those things works in real life..we will wait to see him on ESPN for next year or when he has a flag football scholarship