Sunday, June 8, 2008

Adventures in Dogsitting



The end of last month we had a chance to dogsit for our neighbor for 2 weeks. The kids love her dog, Chico, and always have fun dogsitting for her. Normally it is just for a week-end or maybe a week, so this was a new test of their declarations that they were ready for a dog of their own. There were somedays I didn't know if their favorite part was Chico or getting to use the neighbors garage door opener (I think it's probably time we get ours fixed!). It was especially fun to see Chico walking Jake quickly down the sidewalk. But true to their promises, the kids consistently walked the dog twice a day, fed him and played with him. They even convinced Don to come with all of us on "family walks" on the week-end. My favorite quote during this adventure was from Trevor, talking to Don one Sunday afternoon:

Trev: "Isn't this great Dad? It is so great to all spend time together. If we had our own dog, we could go on a long family walk every Sunday evening and have a great time with our family. Don't you think that would be great Dad?"...now how could you argue with that?



Other fun quotes and observations from our adventures with Chico (I will let you decide who you said what!)...WARNING, THIS IS NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART!

"Why are dogs noses wet?"
"Let him finish doing his business...that's a good doggie!"
"No, Chico can't go on the trampoline"
"Whoa, that is a big piece of poop!"
"I'm carrying the poop bag, hee hee"
"DON'T SWING THE POOP BAG!!"
"Man, he pees a lot!"
"He just has lots of business to take care of!"
"I don't want to carry the poop anymore."
"No, you can't put Chico on the trampoline"
"Gross, he is sniffing some other dogs poop!"
"Oh look, Chico is a boy dog!"
"His teeth look weird"
"His breath smells good, like dog food"
"No, Chico still can't get on the trampoline"
"His kisses tickle!"
"YOU LOVE ME DON'TCHA LITTLE BUDDY!"

2 comments:

Jennifer Bowman said...

Having a dog is SO much fun! Veronica loves him more and more the older she gets. Of course I am the one ALWAYS feeding him...I do let Scott pick up the poo though. Guess we have to delegate those jobs when our kids get older...yours already are old enough so there you go! YOu need to get one! ;)

TexasTwinsTwice said...

those quotes are soooo cute! sounds like they're ready for a dog!