
Michael is a deacon at our church and passes the sacrament to members of the congregation each week. When they finish passing the sacrament, the deacons all line up in the middle between the sections of pews to walk to the front of the chapel together.
So this morning we were at church and had partaken of the sacrament bread already. Normally I sit on the other side of the long pews, closer to the doors to escape with Jake if necessary. Today we had friends visiting with us and we filled the whole pew, and so I ended up sitting on the inside end of the pew instead, right next to where the deacons line up after passing the bread to the congregation. I didn't think too much of it until Jake, who was sitting next to me, noticed Michael standing close by. He stood up and not so quietly hissed, "HEY MICHAEL, GET ME SOME MORE OF THAT BREAD, OKAY?!" It was hard not to crack a grin, but Michael's mouth just twitched and he shook his head "No" reverently, as I grabbed Jake and quietly reminded him that we only get 1 piece of bread for Jesus at church each week. Of course, Jake had to respond not so quietly that, "No, Jesus wants me to have more bread, so Michael can give me his." Our friends sitting around us were trying so hard not to laugh. Fortunately, Jake moved on to saying he was thristy and was able to sit quietly until the water was blessed and passed. Of course, once we got home, all requests for bread were forgotten...until next week!
3 comments:
HAHAHAAAAAAAAAA that is the funniest thing ever!! Jake is hilarious! I am laughing so hard right now. I will have to pass this story onto Scott, he will have a good laugh!
Yeah, we have adventures with Lena every Sunday (see our blog). I can't wait until Lena can make full sentences and further entertain us in Sacrament Meeting.
oh that is hilarious! All of the sudden regular bread looks like candy when kids are at church huh?! too funny!
Post a Comment