Sunday, June 1, 2008

Strawberry Jam

On Friday Hayley helped me make strawberry freezer jam. We had a lot of fun together, and Hayley did a great job. Freezer jam is super easy to make. Check out Hayley's step by step photo directions below if you want to learn how:

1) WASH AND DRY CONTAINERS FOR JAM

2)WASH OFF STRAWBERRIES

3)SMUSH STRAWBERRIES WITH ALL YOUR MUSCLES

4)STIR IN LOTS OF SUGAR!

5)STIR IN PECTIN AND POUR INTO PREPARED CONTAINERS...FUNNELS ARE FUN!

6)HAYLEY WITH HER JAM

7)TASTING THE JAM - YUM!

I DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT HAYLEY GETTING INTO A "JAM" AS LONG AS SHE HAS HER SPOON!

Come to dinner and try some of Hayley's yummy jam this summer!

2 comments:

TexasTwinsTwice said...

I've seriously always wanted to learn how to make this...but never took the time to research it, so THANKS! =) Hayley is soooo cute (like all your kids of course!)

Jennifer Bowman said...

I'm going to try this out with Veronica! She Loves to help make things and this jam looks easy enough...even for me! hehe