Friday, May 30, 2008

Last Day of School

Yesterday was the last day of school. It was of course filled with nothing but tests and hard work, right? Not quite...I just don't remember end of school parties being so fun I guess. Both Michael and Trevor's grades ended up at the same park for the day, with pizza delivered for all of them. They did a good job keeping the big and little kids separate from each other so there were not any problems. Plus, it was really convenient for me to pop in with the water balloons for Trevor's class and even sneak a couple of pictures of Michael playing basketball with some friends without embarrassing him too much. I do have to say that some of Michael's "girl" friends saw me & Jake talking with Michael and they just kept saying, "oh your little brother is soooo cute Michael". It was pretty funny, especially the conversation we had later in the car about it. I think Michael is starting to realize his little siblings can be useful when it comes to some things - ha!

MICHAEL AND LOUIE TAKING A BREAK FROM BASKETBALL

Trevor was at the park for a few hours. During that time I don't think he did anything but eat pizza and doing the following with his friends...

TREVOR AND HIS FRIENDS PLAYING POKEMON

1 HOUR LATER, DIFFERENT PART OF THE PARK...STILL PLAYING POKEMON!

This isn't something they have really done previously this year, but apparently Pokemon is now making a comeback with these 8 year olds. Towards the end of the school day I was helping with Hayley's class party and Jake and I walked past Trevor's class, so I peeked in. Yep, you got it - there was a group of boys gathered around Trevor's desk playing Pokemon!

Hayley's class party was cute. By the time we had got there, the kids had already decorated bucket hats and cute tiles, and were eating ice cream cups with sprinkles. It was a fun end to a great school year for all of the kids.

HAYLEY AND HER FRIENDS AT THE TABLE, EATING ICE CREAM

JAKE TRYING TO SHARE HIS ICE CREAM WITH ME

Oh, yes...in case anyone was wondering, everybody passed with flying colors and will be going on to 7th, 3rd and 1st grades in August. We celebrated last night by Michael meeting his friends to see the Indiana Jones movie (again!) while the other kids and I hung out at a Chick-fil-a close by. They loved having 2 hours to eat and play (that never happens), so it was really a treat for them. It was Michael's first time going to the movies alone with friends (gulp), but don't worry, he had a blast and I survived the experience :)

SUMMERTIME HERE WE COME!

1 comment:

Michael Mangum said...

not "girl friends', friends that are girls