Saturday, May 10, 2008

Can I have Smore please?

Friday night Michael had a Boy Scout camp-out down on Galveston Island. So after we dropped him off, Trevor and Hayley told me their plan of the night.

Kids : So Mom, since Michael is at his camp-out, we are going to have a camp-out too.
Mom: Really, where are you going to camp?
Hayley: Oh you know, we are all going to sleep in Trevor's room since Michael's gone.
Mom: That sounds like fun.
Trevor: So Mom, when are we going to have those smores?
Mom: Errr, what?
Kids: You know those gooey smores we always have when Michael goes camping, come on Mom!

Now I don't remember making smores for them in the past when Michael is camping, but maybe I did. And let's be honest, once they started talking about smores, I couldn't stop thinking about them! Who can resist a gooey smore? So I looked though the cupboards, found some old graham crackers, minature marshmallows and a king sized Hershey bar from my secret stash. While they finished their movie night, I made smores in the oven (weak I know, but how do you roast miniature marshmallows?) and then we all ate them. Okay, just Trevor, Hayley and I ate them. They were of course too sticky for Jake, who freaks out if his hands get too messy, and Don doesn't like graham crackers...but that's ok, it's just "smore" for the rest of us!




Trevor: Mmmm, nice and gooey.
Hayley: My hands are all chocolately!
Trevor: So why are this called smores anyway?
Mom: I guess because they are so good you always want "smore"...get it?
Hayley: Great, then can I have smore? Ha Ha Ha, laughing to herself at her joke.

Good Stuff!

No comments: