Friday morning Jake and I helped Hayley's class make ABC stepping stones. They have a Texas Alphabet Garden at school, with a plant for each letter of the alphabet. The kids had gathered sticks and each had a letter assigned to them to make. Hayley had the letter J and since there were a few left over, Jake was assigned letter Y. Then while the moms stirred and poured the concrete, the kids found the matching plant leaf and put the leaf and stick letter on the concrete to make an imprint and dry. The kids had a blast and it was perfect weather for it. It should be great to see how they turn out next week.
At first I was a little bummed to miss my workout time at the Y, but by the time I was done stirring concrete and chasing kids after 2 hours, I figured I got my workout afterall :)
1 comment:
Where did they get them? I want to make some for our front?
Post a Comment